Saint Leo Program
Thank you for your interest in the Demonstration Cohort of the Saint Leo University Certificate Program in Prison and Detention Ministry.
Please see their Certificate Program Brochure for more information.
The initial class group (maximum 30 students) will be presented in 2013 as follows:
The entire curriculum is four courses (each consisting of an eight-week module: total of 4 eight-week modules):
– Summer Semester I: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . April 29-June 23: Foundations of the Christian Faith
– Summer Semester II: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . July 1-August 25: Catechetical Introduction
– Fall Semester I: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . August 26-October 20: Social Skills for Interaction
– Fall Semester II: . . . . . . . . .. . . October 21-December 15: Credible and Responsible Ministry
Registration: You can now register by contacting:
– Registration and Enrollment Contact : Janelle LeMeur (352)588-7538 Janelle.LeMeur@saintleo.edu
Payment of tuition:
The tuition for the Demonstration Cohort is significantly discounted to $600.00 (instead of the normal $900.00).
Initial Payment: Each student is asked to pay one-half of this amount — $300.00 — as soon as they register.
Payment of Balance: The balance of $300.00 must be paid before the courses begin, but that may be coming from other sources, depending on each student.
– In some cases, that $300.00 balance is being paid by the student’s diocese
– In some cases, that $300.00 balance is being paid by a grant for the student’s diocese
– In some cases, that $300.00 balance is being paid by the student’s parish
– In some cases, that $300.00 balance is being paid by the student
Letter of Recommendation:
In order to complete registration, each applicant is required to provide a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s Chancery or Diocesan head of prison ministry or applicant’s parish pastor or other priest who will be providing pastoral supervision to the applicant’s activities in prison and detention ministry.
Please send the Letter of recommendation to me at the following address:
Dale S. Recinella
I Was in Prison Outreach Ministry
201 West Park Avenue, Suite 301
Tallahassee, FL 32301-7760
Save the Date – April 15, 2013 – Optional Orientation for Demonstration Cohort
To mark the launch of this significant new program, an optional orientation is being provided by Saint Leo University.
The orientation is scheduled for April 15, 2013 at the Saint Leo University Campus near Tampa.
The orientation will begin with brunch at 10:30am and conclude with an early dinner at 5:00pm.
All the faculty for the online program as well as key staff people from the university will be present to meet the students in person.
Also, students will have an opportunity to meet other students in the demonstration cohort.
In addition to a tour of the campus, the students will be provided with opportunities to practice with the online software and ask questions of Saint Leo University’s technical staff.
We hope you can make it.
If you have any questions about registration, the program or the optional orientation, contact Brother Dale at 904.881.7747 or BrotherDale@comcast.net.