Where to start…
If you have a prison outreach in place, you may consider one of the following:
- Provide a presentation about prison ministry at your parish.
- Contact organizations at your parish and see if you can talk to their group.
(Human Concerns Committee, Parish Council, St. Vincent DePaul Society, Social Ministry, Catholic Charities, Pastoral Concerns Committee, Holy Name Society)
- Invite someone involved in prison ministry to talk to your group.
- Use the Dismas Ministry “Where are the Catholics?” DVD to inspire and motivate.(This DVD shows the various ways Catholics are involved in prison ministry. Visit our store to order the DVD and Messengers of Hope” for $15
- Place an ad in the parish bulletin about the need for prison outreach.
- Form a support group for victims and their families or the families of prisoners.
If you do NOT have a prison outreach in place, you may consider the following:
- Contact a local prison volunteer to see what the needs are in your area.
- Place an ad in the parish bulletin to find out if anyone else in your parish or diocese is interested.
- Consider forming a support group for victims and their families or the families of inmates